Monday, May 30, 2011

How Does A Fish and A Bird Co-Exist?

Good Evening,

I know it has been some time since I have posted on here but life has been very hectic.
Since my last posting, I have informed both guys that we are not meant to be. The older guy there just was no chemistry. I thought he was a nice guy, but he either wanted a love relationship with me or nothing at all. So adios amigo!

The other one evidently has a lot happening and not willing to be part of a relationship that most women want. When I feel like I am the only one making contact, it starts to feel as though I am chasing him. Did not like that. He response was why does it need to be serious...can't we just take it slow. Well that would not necessarily be a bad thing, but I need to know that I am on my man's mind. He needs to reach out and say good morning, how are you doing baby, or something. Does that make sense?

Well, so I actually had a really nice gentleman answer my ad out of Craigslist. I did not think I had any left out there. I thought I shut them down. But be it divine intervention or sheer luck..he squeaked through. I am really glad he did. He is very much a well-mannered gentleman. He treats me like a lady and is very concerned with my virtue. I am not used to that, so I find myself nervous like a school girl with a crush on some boy in her class and not sure what move to make next.

This past week, he took me to dinner and a movie...get this.... at a drive-in! How long has it been since you have been to a drive-in?! It was great and the weather or shall I say temperature cooperated. Turned out to be a wonderful date. And I do find myself with butterflies in my tummy and like him.
Here is the thing and why I titled my post as I did. He is a very devout Pentacostal and I follow a different spiritual path than most. He has questioned me a little about my "God Goddess" references and I know that our beliefs are on complete ends of the spectrum. I have just explained a bit to him my thoughts and that this is a private journey as is everyone's.



But I also know that my path is difficult for him and I wonder if he will be able to let me continue my path and just respect me and care for me enough that he will not let that get in the way of his feelings that will grow for me through our times together.

I know that I do not judge him for what his calling is and will be there to respect and support his choices and path in life. We discuss his calling and I have many questions for him in regards to his position in his church. I am there to hear him and listen to him. But I leave my position or judgement out of it because it is not for either of us to say one is right or wrong over the other. Right?! That's how I feel.

So how does a fish and a bird co-exist? I am interested in your thoughts.

Peace and love to you all,

Alexa

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Now, I don't have a lot of experience in this field, since both Jason and I were Christians when we were married (a million years ago) ;-). But, I think you two will have to tread carefully. Beliefs are the core of who a person are, and can be tricky to navigate especially if you are both coming from completely different places/foundations. With that said, you and I do alright, and we have come from different places too, so we are proof that it can be done!! ;-)

    I will keep you in my prayers, Sis!! I love you!! ;-)
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete